Wednesday, 2 July 2008

So much to say!

I have been the worse blogger EVER I know! I have had so much going on in my life.......I will talk about that in a minute! this week I am am on leave! I went to see some friends in Manchester! and went to Brighton on Saturday! went shopping yesterday and am just chilling out! which is soooooooooo nice for a change!

I really lost my scrapping mojo because my brain has been full of thoughts lately! having this week off and the fact that the mail man bought me 2 yummy scrapbook kits to play with has inspired me to scrap. This morning I woke up at 8am and scrapped these two layouts with the Sweet Spuds kit. The above layout is of Roxie as a kitten!

This months Sweet Spuds kit was outdoorsy/hippy themed and so I chose this photo to scrap of my dad, brother and I camping here in the UK West Country 5 years ago! we used to go here alot, it was a 6 hour drive and we all loved it! no cars, riding our bikes, sports, the forest and swimming pool. Even the rain did not ruin our fun! I used some orange paint on this layout which greated a fun and new effect! I was in an experimental mood this morning LOL. I also used an owl kitty robot button which looks perfect with the theme of the layout, check out HERE as their shop has had a huge update of new buttons!



That brings me onto why I have not been blogging so much! I have been soooooooo upset at work lately! I won't bore you with the details but the company is not run well, certain members of staff think they run the place and get away with things all the time, knowone listens to you! I am in finance and I really struggle with it! but I have been forced to take on more then I can manage and I am making mistakes! I try so hard but I just am not good at finance. I have been looking for a new job for a while as some of you regular readers will know!

I was actually going to hand my notice in at work..........and I nearly did, until......................My friend Jennie and I at work (who also hates it there) started talking a month ago about how much we would like to travel around Australia for a month and go to places like LA on the way! and I started really looking into it. I knew Jennie was not 100% sure because she has things to sort out at home first! but in the last week we are still really looking into it, and have booked an appointment with a travel agent in London next Thursday to get a quote. I have £3000 saved ($6000) and have four months to save as we want to go in 4 months! I will be leaving work before we go! because we only get 20 days holiday a year and for this we would need 25 which we do not have and they won;t let us have it unpaid. I want to go travelling and know that I do not have to go and work there again. I will make sure I have a bit of money for when I come home to get by, and I will have to do temp work but this is a once in a lifetime oppertunity! and I am sooooooooooo excited! I just hope it happens. xxxxx

6 comments:

mmwwaahh211 said...

wow! such exciting news....as you are quitting your job why don't you stay longer than a month? Even if your friend can't? You could go onto travel to New Zealand, meet up with other travellers etc! Plus you already have plently of money, a little extra will see you round NZ (& beyond?) Make the most of it, I wish I could do something like this, soooo jealous!

I can't comment on Oz, but I have been to NZ so email me if I can help....if you are going that far you really should go to NZ, it's such an amazing place!

stephanie said...

id love to travel..but now im tied down with a mortgage it makes things tricky.

I am... said...

well im all for australia, i think its the best place in the world...
and if you need a place to stay while you pass thru nsw (i live like 2 and a half hours by train to SYDNEY)
then my house is open to you!!!
if you dont mind 2 stinky cats...you can totally sleep in the spare room/hello kitty room, and your friend too of course!!

goodluck with your travel hopes anyway!!!

xx

Donna said...

Good luck on your journey!!! I think it is awesome you are chasing after your dreams.

Beth Perry said...

cool layouts..especially the first one. I love those new papers! I have been playing with them today.

Have fun and safe travels!
B

Drama queens mum said...

I love your blog. I just got into scrapbooking