Thursday, 24 April 2008

Guess Who Is Back?????????

I had an AMAZING time in Rome Italy! I we took over 200 photos! I have picked a few to share with you in this post but I will keep posting photos over the next few weeks.

These two photos are my FAVORITES! on my mission was to have my photo taken with some gladiators outside the Colosseum! and I did it! wooo! I love these photos and love how scared my mum looks! the gladiator next to me kept saying how beautiful I was.......ciao bella!
The city is breathtaking, the following photos are of our first day, we arrived at 1pm and had lunch and had a walk past the collosseum, up to the top of a building where we walked up hundreds of stairs but the view was worth it. We then walked back to our hotel and settled in and had a meal at a nearby restaurant and then back to the hotels for cocktails.
One Day it was very hot weather just like Saturday we walked to the Trevi Fountain which was so beautiful and magnificent! we visited the spanish steps and had a tour of the Collesseum which I found very intersting, the whole story of the gladiators and how it was built and how when it was not used anymore the peasents of the city took the metal out of the building to make money and to build houses.......that is why the collesseum has so many holes in it. I could go on forever talking about it!

We shopped and had dinner in a Pizzeria and sat outside, the pizza was delicious and a band played music "Thats Amore" as we ate.

The first day photos of the collesseum and me in the hotel bar with my cosmopolitan.
There was the same barman every night he made the best cocktails I have ever tasted.
I am still going through my photos and there are so many more I want to share we spent a whole day on a guided tour of the Vatican which simply amazing and the sistean chapel made me speechless! and emotional to think that Michael Angelo painted that ceiling all those years ago and the st Peters was huge and there was so much to look at.
I could go on forever about how much of a wonderful time we had. The ice cream was gorgeous and the people are so friendly and yes the men are GORGEOUS!!!! I got called a "blonde bombshell" by a waiter and a guy at reception said "you are how they say in England cute" in an Itallian accent! I never get those kinds of compliments so I loved it lol!
I will be posting more photos and more details of my trip! and I will be scrapping this weekend if I can get all my washing and ironing done! lol xxx


4 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Can't wait to see and read more!

Jill Deiling said...

awesome photos!! It sounds and looks like you had so much fun!

Dani said...

WOW! looks like an amazing time!!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

mmwwaahh211 said...

wow! brilliant photos! Can't wait to see how you scrap them!

Also..TAGGED...

The challenge is to post 7 random facts about yourself and then tag 5 people x