Sunday, 16 December 2007

Bubble Wrap Tutorial & Festive Layouts.

This layout is for this weeks challenge at Scrapping The Music the song is of course "Rockin Around The Christmas Tree". Go and join the challenge we would love to see you there. I loved creating this layout, its fun and happy! I used Love Elsie Noel pp which I cut into stripes and doodled around. I created a paper posie, inked and painted. I used giant Ric Rak ribbon which goes really well with the layout, I added some rub ons to the layout and photo. The photo was taken December 06 when my mum and I went to Dublin Ireland, a waiter in the restaurant took of us infront of the Christmas tree. I also doodled on the alphas.......I could not resist lol.

This layout I did for the latest Mojo challenge! I know its Christmas when I can smell all these foods and I am baking yummy festive food. I wrote all Christmas food around the layout, used some fun Love Elsie fun embellies, doodled border and used Bubble wrap which I painted and stamped on the layout. Here is how to use Bubblewrap! I am sure with all the Christmas presents you have and scrapping orders you recieve you have mountains of bubble wrap around

Measure how much you want to use on your layout, I usually roughly cut it! then find some paint in the color you wish to use, and paint on the bubble wrap be careful not to pop any bubbles lol!
Once the paint has been applied, flip the bubble wrap so the paint side is facing down ready, find a space on your layout where you would like to stamp the bubble wrap. Now gently press the bubblewrap down onto your page, pressing down all over the back of the bubblewrap so that the paint will stamp. Now carefully peal back the bubble wrap to reveal a cool funky pattern!
Go on, give it a go! If you are brave enough to use this technique comment with your layouts, I would loved to see them.


8 comments:

shelly b said...

love the LO's!!!

Kellie said...

Great layouts! I've done the bubble wrap thing before, so much fun isn't it. :)

Aline said...

Those layout look awesome!!

Amanda McIlhatton said...

Just discovered your blog! Great idea with bubble wrap!!

EllePiggo said...

Fabby layouts Nikki! :) Love them.
Vanessa.

Gail said...

Fab work Nikki - love "Rockin around the Xmas tree" and the bubble wrap technique...

scrapnnMO said...

I have to so try this technique! Still haven't got the nerve to go for it yet! But I do have my bubble wrap just waiting! Thanks so much for sharing!

Gwen said...

very nice layout!!!!
love look awesome!!
merry christmas!!!
xoxo